I’ve always liked that expression. Maybe because it involves food?
I named the muffins after the expression, because they are filled with banana flavor and they’ll drive you, well… bananas!
They are so easy to make and because they only take about 20 minutes to bake, I *may* stop making banana bread altogether! These cuties are great for an on-the-go breakfast because:
1. They go great with coffee
2. They don’t have much sugar
3. I swapped coconut oil to replace butter. (That’s probably what makes them so moist)
4. They have ground flax seeds, so you can feel good about eating one. (or three)
Plus, since they’re smaller…you can eat more! (No judgement here!)
"That's Bananas" Muffins
Adapted from My Mommy Style
- 4 Large Bananas (ripe)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla ((extract works too))
- 1.5 Cups All purpose flour ((experiment with different flours!)
- 3/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil ((unmelted))
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (for dairy free, leave this out)
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Flaxseed
- Chopped Pecans for topping ((Walnuts, Almonds,Coconut, etc))
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin liners in your muffin pan, but do not spray them, In Bowl 1: add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Reserve.
In Bowl 2: Add bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil. Mix thoroughly. Fold in the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix! (They’ll get tough)
Fold in the yogurt gently and place into the muffin liners. Top with nuts or topping of your choice. (if you over fill them, you’ll have less in total, but big beautiful muffins…it’s up to you!) Bake in the 350 oven for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.