You know what I decided? I’m going to stop waiting for the perfect recipe, the perfect photo and the perfect time to post a new recipe. Who cares if it’s not sophisticated, because this is real life. You know why I decided that?
Yep! all of you amazing followers who send me direct messages letting me know that you want a recipe, no matter how simple it may be – even if it is semi homemade. I’m a busy mom of two who tries to run the blog along with having a full-time job, and keep the kitchen semi clean (that barely happens)
So here’s a pretty simple, yet tasty way to get some greens into your kid’s diets. Yes, I used a box mix. (Kodiak Cakes protein packed) #notsponsored! I just love the show shark tank and I love their products! Of course, you can make your own..but here’s a solution if you’re short on time!
- 2 cups Whole grain pancake mix- I used Kodiak Cakes, mixed with 2 cups milk - you can use water to keep it non dairy (pareve) or any boxed mix!
- 1 cup ripe strawberries
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- water, for blending
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- Mix your pancake mix and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the strawberries and spinach - with just enough water to facilitate the blending and puree until there are no lumps and it pretty smooth.
- Add to your pancake mix and incorporate well. Fold in chocolate chips
- Heat your griddle pan and spray with oil (I used coconut oil) and pour out 1/4 cup of the batter at a time. Allow to cook and get brown on both sides.
- Serve with pure maple syrup, if desired - though the chocolate chips add just enough sweetness.