I showed this quick dinner I made before a zumba class, and got so much great feedback that I had to write-up the recipe for you guys! If you’re not following me on instagram yet, you should! I share lots of cooking tips and tricks, and great recipes like these that don’t always make it to the blog – UNLESS YOU ASK FOR IT!! 🙂
It’s a great light dinner, which will also work as a lunch. Honestly, the salad was so satisfying on its own, you don’t even need the chicken. Vegetarians take note: throw in some chickpeas and you are good to go!
Please make this and share pics with me! Tag me! @thekoshertomato whoo hoo!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- Kosher Salt - to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger - optional
- chickpeas, instead of chicken for vegetarian option**
- 1/4 Green cabbage, shredded thinly
- 1/4 Purple cabbage, shredded thinly
- 1 1/2 cups Spinach, rough chiffonade (thick "ribbon" cuts)
- 1 Cucumber, julienned (matchsticks)
- 1 Fresh pineapple, jcored julienned
- 1 1/2 cups Chow mein noodles
- 1 cup Cashews, toasted
- 1/8th cup Crushed ginger
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter (I used chunky)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Sesame oil
- Season the chicken and set aside. Meanwhile, mix all your vegetables together to form your salad.
- Grill or saute your chicken and allow to rest.
- Make dressing in mason jar and shake until creamy.
- Mix over salad and combine well. (up to 10 minutes before serving)
- Slice chicken into strips and serve over salad. (or toss in chickpeas)