Hi! I’m Sandy. I was born to a Colombian-Argentinean Jewish family. YES, Latina Jews exist! I am proud to say I am trained at The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY and I cooked professionally for 12 years. I have been fortunate to work with some really amazing chefs during that time.
THE KOSHER TOMATO
After so much wonderful feedback from many of you on social media – I have decided to expand my website and be your resource of all things Culinary! As of now (Jan 2018) I am working on this between my day job (and mom duties!) but I welcome feedback and appreciate your patience.
I like to say “Delicious food that happens to be Kosher” because my focus is delicious food, and I want any and everyone to enjoy it.
“The Kosher Tomato” started out as “It’s Heavenly Kosher”. In 2007, I started a Personal Chef Company that offered weekly meals, cooking classes and demos. One of my first clients told me she loved my logo but didn’t like my company’s name. True Story.
FUN FACTS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ME
- In 2008, I was featured as one of the “HEEB 100” (Jews doing cool things)
- In 2009, I became a finalist for filming The Food Network‘s Season 2 of “CHOPPED”, I backed out at the end and missed the opportunity.
- I organize my closet by color
- I LOVE to clean and organize. And rearrange. (My husband is very understanding of this.)
- I am terrible at math, but great with knife skills
- I am fluent in Spanish, but my accent is kind of all over the place, prompting Latinos to always ask “De donde eres?”
- love ZUMBA, dance in general, and singing.
- When it comes to music, I love everything from Classical symphonies, to old school hip-hop and most things in between.
- My bucket list used to include travelling to at least one country on each continent. Not sure it is still possible with a FT job, two kids and a blog; but hey, you never know!
Subscribe to get delicious food to your inbox and follow me on social media (@thekoshertomato everywhere) I love to engage with you and answer your questions or comments 🙂